We're calling on our supporters to #TakeAction now making your voice heard as we demand a vote to immediately approve + disperse disaster relief funds to Puerto Rico which are currently stalled in the Senate.
Today our calls will target Florida + Pennsylvania and the Senate Leadership of both parties to leverage our power as the Senate prepares for a potential vote on disaster relief for our island this week. We will provide you with directions, our specific requests, contact information and a form (below) to report back tell us how your call went below.
☎ Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL): (202) 224-3041
Toll Free in Florida: (866) 630-7106
☎ Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL): (202) 224-5274
☎ Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA): (202) 224-4254
☎ Sen. Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA): (202) 224-6324
☎ Sen. Mitch McConnell (Majority Leader): (202) 224-2541
☎ Sen. Chuck Schumer (Minority Leader): (202) 224-6542
What to ask for: Organize your thoughts and speak from your heart. We're counting on each other to create an environment where progress can prevail. Please be polite and thank each office for their work on this important bi-partisan issue.
- Increase the federal government’s share of Puerto Rico’s disaster funding from 90% to 100%. Immediately push for federal government to disperse the needed and allocated funds to our island.
Demand HUD set rules, allocate and immediately disperse approved funds to Puerto Rico.
**Approximately $8.5 billion in allocated but not yet dispersed funds**
(HUD = U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development)
- Approve $500 million in additional funding for the Community Development Block Grant to help cover cost share on relief projects in Puerto Rico that the President has refused to waive.
- Increase + issue funding for the PR Nutrition Assistance Program.
Remove the cap for NAP in Puerto Rico + make it equal to states!
- Approve proportional funding for Medicaid in Puerto Rico.
- Allocate + disperse funds to repair Puerto Rico's damaged water infrastructure, restore sewer systems and rebuild the electric grid on our island.
- Approve additional supplemental funding of over $100 million to dredge Caño Martín Peña to clear and prevent future flooding of the channel.
After your call please take a moment to provide us with the following feedback:
- Which Senators did you call? (If you don't remember their name just list your state)
- Did you reach your Senator or a member of their staff? (yes/no)
- What was their response? (Does your Senator support your specific requests)
How was your experience? (Please share any relevant feedback)
Thank you for your leadership + support!